Welcome To BAMBA
New BAMBA Promotional Video
Go Greater Reading - Video
From Where We Stand-Reading, PA.
Full article and video - Check It Out
March - IMBA Membership Drive
IMBA has announced a membership drive during the month of March. No purchase is required, but new members and membership renewals during the month of March are entered in the drawing automatically. Full details are HERE
Becoming a member is cheap and easy! Join or renew HERE
Only The Biggest Down Hill Race in the USA for two years standing, right here on Mt Penn, Reading PA.
- May 2nd Practice day, and BAMBA picnic in the park.
- May 3nd Race Day
Pump Track in Reading, PA
- The City of Reading is constructing a Pump Track in the lot adjacent to Heritage Park on
the end of Canal St. Tentatively opening around the end of April.
Test Drive the best new MTB bikes around, on a Mt Penn trail
- Plus pick up some neat BAMBA gear, hats shirts …
- At Egelman’s Park
- May 23rd - SHIRKS Bike Shop Demo Day. PIVOT, Raleigh, Lapierre
- June 27th – JB Mountain Bikes – Santa Cruz …
Meet Mid –Atlantic IMBA chapter leaders, land managers, industry professionals, and Ride, Ride, Ride.
- IMBA Mid Atlantic Regional Summit at Snowshoe Mountain, WV.
- Close enough to drive and take your bike too.
- May 29th & 30th
Treat the whole family to Great Outdoors Day, Blue Marsh Lake.
PRO CYCLING Road Race returns to Reading with the UCI 1.2 Reading 120.
- With possible grand fondo where amateur riders can ride the same course the pros will be racing on.
Take Your Kid Mountain Biking Day, BAMBA event
- October 3rd. also, the BAMBA Kids Committee is planning a “Tykes on Bikes” event, and a Bike Rodeo this summer.
Active BAMBA Projects
Control unauthorized vehicles on Mt. Penn:
- BAMBA is fabricating (with the excellent talents of the Reading Vo-Tech) and installing robust locking gates on fire road entrances on Mt. Penn.
Maintaining Trail Quality:
- BAMBA will be providing the labor to install bridges over wet areas around Angora Farm.
- BAMBA Trail Manager is evaluating erosion sensitive trails during the spring thaw and hanging postings that inform bikers to avoid riding through these areas until the trails are healthy enough to accept riders.
- BAMBA is scheduled to clean out the deteriorating /unsafe jumps from the A-Line trail on Mt. Penn.
- BAMBA is in progress with the construction of a parking area adjacent to camp Lily in order to provide a safe, convent access to the Mt. Penn trails.
- BAMBA members conduct trail maintenance and embrace stewardship of Mt. Penn and Neversink Mountain.
2015 BAMBA Goals / Projects / Events
- Work towards making Reading /Berks an IMBA Ride Center
Ride center designation brings riders and commerce to the region.
- Promote From Where We Stand (FWWS) Video to Politicians, Land Managers,
Chamber of Commerce, Visitors Bureau, etc.
- Trail Head Kiosks: An important component towards IMBA Ride Center® designation.
- Thun Trail completion through RACC property.
- Reading is working with BAMBA on a new Parking Area near Camp Lily/Rotary Park and Fire Road Gate Replacements
- IMBA Mapping Project: BAMBA member Stephan Kincaid leading effort to electronically map local trails - http://www.mtbproject.com/
- Down Hill Trail Committee: A Line Rebuild. Proposal submitted to City of Reading
- IMBA Trail Building Grants - Apply for Grants in 2015 and beyond
-Birdsboro Reservoir Trails Project
Proposed joint venture with IMBA and Natural Lands Trust.
- Volunteer at French Creek and Blue Marsh Trail days. Dates TBA.
- Kids Programs-Take a Kid Mt Biking Day in October and other dates TBA.
- BAMBA Merchandise-Buy it, Wear it, Gift it Contact: Brian Holman 610-334- 2185
- Attend a Board Meeting, Present an idea and take the lead: Meetings second Tuesday of the month 7PM Canal St. Restaurant.
- Consider renewing BAMBA/IMBA membership online for $50 vs. $30
Best deal includes IMBA socks and a magazine subscription.
- Ride and encourage others to ride!